
-
Families of Duterte drug war victims demand probe into online threats
-
Stocks extend global rout after Trump's shock tariff blitz
-
Kolkata's Iyer more bothered about impact than price tag
-
BP chairman to step down after energy strategy reset
-
Indian patriotic movie 'icon' Manoj Kumar dies aged 87
-
China floats battle barges in Taiwan invasion plans
-
McLaren's Piastri fastest in chaotic second Japanese GP practice
-
South Korea seize two tons of cocaine in largest-ever drug bust
-
Pacific nations perplexed, worried by Trump tariffs
-
The race to save the Amazon's bushy-bearded monkeys
-
TikTok must find non-Chinese owner by Saturday to avert US ban
-
Trump tariffs to test resiliency of US consumers
-
Clamping down on 'forever chemicals'
-
Prominent US academic facing royal insult charge in Thailand
-
Yana, a 130,000-year-old baby mammoth, goes under the scalpel
-
'Don't want to die': Lesotho HIV patients look to traditional medicine
-
Curry scores 37 as Warriors outgun LeBron's Lakers
-
Crops under threat as surprise March heatwave hits Central Asia: study
-
Japan PM says Trump tariffs a 'national crisis'
-
Security 'breakdown' allows armed men into Melbourne's MCG
-
Norris fastest in Japan GP first practice, Tsunoda sixth on Red Bull debut
-
Albon says Thailand taking bid for F1 race 'very seriously'
-
'It's gone': conservation science in Thailand's burning forest
-
Protest as quake-hit Myanmar junta chief joins Bangkok summit
-
EU leaders push for influence at Central Asia summit
-
Asian stocks extend global rout after Trump's shock tariff blitz
-
Lewandowski, Mbappe duel fuelling tight La Liga title race
-
South Korea court upholds President Yoon's impeachment, strips him of office
-
Liverpool march towards title as Man City face Man Utd
-
Finland's colossal bomb shelters a model for jittery Europe
-
Athletes frustrated as France mulls Muslim headscarf ban in sport
-
Korda downs Kupcho to stay alive at LPGA Match Play
-
German industry grapples with AI at trade fair
-
Irish school trains thatchers to save iconic roofs
-
'Frightening': US restaurants, producers face tariff whiplash
-
Cuba looks to sun to solve its energy crisis
-
Experts warn 'AI-written' paper is latest spin on climate change denial
-
PSG eye becoming France's first 'Invincibles'
-
Late birdie burst lifts Ryder to Texas Open lead
-
Five potential Grand National fairytale endings
-
Trump purges national security team after meeting conspiracist
-
More work for McIlroy even with two wins before Masters
-
Trump hopeful of 'great' PGA-LIV golf merger
-
No.1 Scheffler goes for third Masters crown in four years
-
Where Trump's tariffs could hurt Americans' wallets
-
Trump says 'very close to a deal' on TikTok
-
Trump tariffs on Mexico: the good, the bad, the unknown
-
Postecoglou denies taunting Spurs fans in Chelsea defeat
-
Oscar-winning Palestinian director speaks at UN on Israeli settlements
-
With tariff war, Trump also reshapes how US treats allies

'Never a discussion' to stop Ricciardo racing, say McLaren
McLaren boss Zak Brown quashed suggestions on Thursday that the Formula One team were considering paying Daniel Ricciardo not to race in 2023.
Twenty-four hours after the Australian driver's announcement that he was leaving the team at the end of this season, by mutual agreement, Brown reacted to mounting speculation on his future.
"It was never a discussion to consider not allowing him to race in any other form of motorsport next year," said Brown, as reported by The Race website.
"And we hope he does. He's a friend of the family and always will be. Restricting a racing driver from racing cars is nothing that McLaren would ever do."
Many observers have said they expect to see another Australian driver Oscar Piastri, winner of successive titles in the F3 and F2 championship series and reserve driver for rival F1 team Alpine, take the seat alongside rising British star Lando Norris.
Piastri rejected a statement made by Alpine earlier this month claiming he would race for them in 2023. That followed Fernando Alonso’s announcement he was leaving Alpine to replace Sebastian Vettel, who is retiring, at Aston Martin.
The claims and counter-claims signalled an early start to the traditional Formula One 'silly season' as teams and drivers began to negotiate on future plans and possible moves.
Ricciardo will be a much-sought after driver with Haas considering him as a successor to Mick Schumacher next year, if the American team releases the young German.
Brown was reluctant to comment on suggestions that if Ricciardo, an eight-time Grand Prix winner, joined Haas, it would reduce the sum McLaren pay him in terminating the third year of his contract.
"We're not going to get into details other than (to say) we have an amicable and agreeable solution," said Brown, dismissing suggestions that McLaren were set to pay him $25 million.
"We hope Daniel will be on the grid next year. We don't have any knowledge of his plans other than his desire to be on the grid."
The unfolding narrative on the eve of this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix has revived memories of the way in which seven-time champion Michael Schumacher's career began at Spa-Francorchamps in 1991 when, after one race with Jordan, he was recruited by Benetton for the Italian Grand Prix.
That move prompted former McLaren boss Ron Dennis to say 'welcome to the Piranha Club' when he met Jordan owner Eddie Jordan in the Monza paddock, a phrase that is often revived as F1's sporting and political machinations accelerate at this time of year.
K.Thomson--BTB